Javits Update: Pit Table Assignments and Rules
March 4, 2009
This is the first of a series of updates I will be sending in the next 2 days.
A schedule in xcel to follow tomorrow.
Most info is being posted on Norms Robotics, including maps of layouts.
See below for your assignments. Lower numbers will be first up for research and tech and we go in that order. I tried to take into account your requests but generally did it in team number order to maintain what little is left of my sanity.
You must check in with Teri Bader and me at the registration desk. You are not present officially unless you do that. If there is a line and you have “stuff” and are there early, let us know.
I am attaching a form for you to fill out for each team.
Tours are still being offered on Friday, Mar. 6. Contact Ana firstname.lastname@example.org
Javits is a big place
Stick-on badges (10 per team) are being printed which the kids will stick on their shirts. Each badge will identify the pit #, Team # and maybe school and team name.
Javits FLL General rules:
1. Remember to attend the Coaches meeting.
2. Robot inspection will be done at the game tables by the referees before matches start.
3. Please keep your PIT stations clean. This is your home for the day.
4. Please be aware that this is a public event and you need to keep your
5. Please remind the students that the Javits arena is very large and
not to wonder off.
6. Please remind the students about safety during the event. Pick a
meeting spot in case of emergencies.
7. Please remind the students not to go under the pipe & drape. This can
be a safety hazard.
8. Any students visiting the FRC Pit or any other part of the Arena must
be accompanied by an adult.
9. Remind parents that game arena & judging area are for students only.
10. Get to know your Performance Queuer & Judging Queuer. They are your helpers.
11. At your pit table you will have a sheet of printed name tags.
Please place one tag on the shirts of each team member for easy
identification throughout the competition.
12. Please make sure that you stop by the team registration desk upon
your arrival to the event in order to check-in and hand in your registration form (attached.)
Javits-FLL Judging rules:
1.There is no make up time scheduled into the judging schedule,
therefore teams should pay close attention to their scheduled time and
arrive to their judging sessions early.
2.There is no recording or picture taking in the judging area.
3.Coaches, mentors and parents are prohibited in the judging area.
4. Five minutes will be allowed for each judging session, start with
setup setting up.
5. Make sure the students for both Research and Technical presentation
come together when they are scheduled for Judging. Research and
Technical judging is scheduled back to back for each team.
7. Notify the Judge Coordinator early if the team has special
requirements for Research or Technical.
8. Power will not available in the Technical booth. Power will only be
available in the Research booth.
9. We expect to have time for 4 competition rounds. A 5th competition
round may be played depending on the timing of the event.
10. Performance rankings will be based on the highest individual round
score. If ranking ties occur, the second highest performance score will
be used as a tie-breaker. If additional tie-breakers are needed,
subsequent highest performance scores will be used to break the tie.
FLL Performance rules-
1. If you miss your match, please notify the Game Coordinator or Head
Referees to get on the make-up list.
2. After a team leaves the game table, please speak with the Head
Referees if you have any questions (instead of going back to the
3. Please remind your students to sign off on the scoresheet after each
match before they leave their game table.
4. Questions about the performance score after posting will be handled
by the Game Coordinator or Referee Coordinator.
5. Know your pit table number.
Field Set-Up Kits will be distributed upon breakdown on Sat at around 3 PM
We will try to deliver them to your pit tables. But check with me.
Aviation HS Michael Koumoullos
Dalton Chad Gallant
2 0199 IS 24 SI Raymond Cottrell
6 0363 Think Robot, LLC
7 5624 The Anderson School PS 334M Judy Kunze
34 2179 IS 72 SI Randi Huss
46 3475 Arthur S. Somers Middle School John Uske
56 5762 MS 51K James Hoffman
57 5909 PS 103 x Jarret Jackob Linda Matos
58 5910 PS 103 x Cathy Daly Mike Murphy
59 6182 Archimedes Academy for Math, Science & Technology Justin Duffy
61 6388 MS 144 x Michaelangelo MS Victoria LoweGregory Defoe
64 6528 PS 123M Mahalia Jackson Scholars Academy John William King, Jr. Levette Alexander
Pit table assignments –
Pit Team # School Team name
1 109 PS/IS 123 X Technados
2 199 IS 24 SI Knights of 24
3 202 IS 24 SI Blast Bots
4 232 MS 67Q Globorobo
5 275 Cambria Center Cambria Warbots
6 363 Think Robot, LLC Think Robot
7 5624 The Anderson School PS 334M AMS Dragons
8 1215 P.S. 139Q RoboTech
9 1335 IS 27 SI Mustangs 1
10 1636 ESMT IS 190 X Lego Mania
11 1667 IS 34 SI Stell Talons
12 1730 Trevor Day School The Little Dragons
13 1784 St. Clare School Planeteers #3
14 901 MS 101X Maritime Academy The Electos
15 1462 PS 372 K Tropic Thunder
16 1463 PS 372 K Thunder Shocks
17 778 MS 216Q George Ryan Ryan Lions
18 1956 IS 75 SI Panthers 3
19 5119 IS 49 SI CyberSoldiers A
20 853 PS 121 X Storm Throopers
21 1341 Coen Micro Bots
22 1172 MS 302 X MS302 Tech Squad
23 584 Pablo Casals MS 181x Climate Crusaders
24 1739 Kezner Academy @IS 192 X Ro-bit-ics
25 1775 Packer Collegiate Inst. Packer Climate Institute
26 895 Bronx Latin MS Architecti
27 1827 PS 193 The Gil Hodges School NXT 193 1
28 1836 IS 119 Q TopGearz A
29 7756 IS 119 Q TopGearz B
30 1925 IS 318 Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
31 523 PS/MS 194 Rising Tigers
32 2019 PS 257k Minds at Work
33 1979 PS 58 The Carroll School The Thermolinas
34 2179 IS 72 SI V Team
35 2266 PS 76X The Bennington School 76ers
36 2380 Staten Island Tech HS Tech Knows
37 2386 Staten Island Tech HS Tech Knights
38 2393 PS 11K Mission 11
39 2491 RMS @ I. S. 192 Robo Fusion 192 A
40 2545 Globe School for Environmental Research GLOBE Masters
41 2656 IS 98 X Herman Ridder Ridder Kids
42 2707 PS 21K Crispus Attucks School Panthers
43 2708 PS 57 SI PS 57 Robotics Team
44 3057 PS/MS 108 Angelo Del Toro Time 4 Change
45 3076 Benjamin Banneker Academy K V-Bot
46 3475 Arthur S. Somers Middle School Rising Star
47 3575 PS 233K Langston Hughes The Extreme Engineers
48 3951 PS 399 K Stanley Eugene Clarke Knights
49 3958 MS 267K Climate Crusaders
50 3991 MS 88 K Masterminds A
51 3993 MS 88 K Masterminds C
52 4764 Resurrection Ascension RA Titans
53 5496 The Brearley School Brearley Beavers
54 490 St. Edmund Elementary School Nerd Herd
55 5721 NYC Parks & Recreation Park Wizards
56 5762 MS 51K Generals
57 5909 PS 103 x RoboBeez
58 5910 PS 103 x RoboStingers
59 6182 Archimedes Academy for Math, Science & Technology The Boogie Down Bots
60 6368 PS 153 x Robotronics
61 6388 MS 144 x Michaelangelo MS 144 GoBots
62 6425 Frederick Douglass Academy FDA LEGO Raiders
63 6426 Frederick Douglass Academy FDA LEGO Raidaz
64 6528 PS 123M Mahalia Jackson Scholars Academy MJ Legos
65 7175 LREI LREI Squires
66 7177 LREI Little Red School House LREI Knights
67 7417 Louis Armstrong IS 227 Q Lamchops A
68 7418 Louis Armstrong IS 227 Q Lamchops B
69 7509 PS 108X Philip J. Abinanti School Energy All-Stars
70 1910 MS 328 M Robotigers
71 7780 IS 125 X Henry Hudson Henry Hudson Lego Explorers
72 7836 The Gateway Schools Stratolab LLC The Weather Savers